It is a neoclassical church with three naves. It was designed by Engineer Larramendi, but the original project remained unfinished. Construction began in 1845, although it wasn’t consecrated for worship until 1892. The project was completed in 1910. In the 1960s, the building was reformed with an expansion of its bell tower and plaster in the outer shell, hiding the original stone factory.
Some relevant properties were rescued from the ancient parish, situated in Guardamar’s Castle, for example, paintings, pieces of jewelry and imagery, as well as works of interest from the 20th century. The most important is the sculpture of Our Lady of the Rosary (17th century).